Фестивал Тракийски Mистерии - Мистерия на Тракийския Херос
There are no active performances for this event!
There are no active performances for this event!
Thracian Mysteries Festival - Nessebar, Old Town - 30-31 August 2022:
Following the huge success of the first edition of the Thracian Mysteries Festival which took place in the Ancient city of Nessebar in late August 2021, the festival once again gathers enthusiasts and admirers of the authentic reenactments of the Ancient Thracian Orphic epos.
The monumental ruins that stand as witnesses of the glory days of the ancient Thracians will once again come to life with two interactive performances: “The Mystery of the Thracian Heros (Hero)” and “Thracian Mystery Drama", as well as with the extended “Thracian Mysteries" art exhibition by the digital artist Dilyana Angelova, with the Institute of T-Science lectures, and the new creative workshops and ateliers.
Two-day Festival Ticket gives you access (with guaranteed seats) to the two interactive performances - “The Mystery of the Thracian Heros” (30 August 2022 / 9:30 pm at the Old Bishopric – the Church of St. Sophia) and “Thracian Mystery Drama" – 31 August 2022 / 9:30 pm at the Ancient amphitheater), as well as to all of the accompanying festival forms and activities – ITS lecture, creative ateliers and workshops starting from 6.30pm at the venues of the evening performances.
“The Mystery of the Thracian Heros” Ticket gives you access (without a pre-booked seat) to the interactive performance that will take place on 30 August 2022 at 9.30 pm at the Old Bishopric – the Church of St. Sophia, as well as to the creative ateliers and workshops starting from 6.30 pm (at the same venue).
“Thracian Mystery Drama” Ticket gives you access (without a pre-booked seat) to the interactive performance that will take place on 31 August 2022 at 9.30 pm at the Ancient amphitheater, as well as to the creative ateliers and workshops starting from 6.30pm (at the same venue).
You may access the creative ateliers and workshops only with a valid ticket.
The Festival programme in the Ancient city of Nessebar includes:
- Interactive performance “The Mystery of the Thracian Heros (Hero)”- 30 August 2022 / 9:30 pm at the The Old Bishopric – the Church of St. Sophia
- Interactive performance “Thracian Mystery Drama" – 31 August 2022 / 9:30 pm at the Ancient amphitheater
- "Thracian Mysteries" Art Exhibition - the digital artist Dilyana Angelova will present her renewed collection of large-scale canvases, which provoke with their profound Orphic symbolism.
- Lectures organized by the Institute of T-Science delivered by Todor Yotov, Boryana Racheva-Iotova and Desislava Ivanova
- Art ateliers and workshops: these one-of-a-kind creative workshops will help deepen the exploration and perception of the mysticism and the power encoded in the preparation of the ritual food, clothing and the ritual objects accompanying the processions at each stage of the sacred festival cycle:
▪ The mystery of the Bulgarian sacral bread - the participants in this workshop will be able to experience the mysteries and to uncover the profound messages woven by our ancestors in the preparation of ritual bread.
▪ The mystery of the Thracian clothing /costumes - those who join will learn about the purpose and the sacred symbolism of the garments - a message that can be decoded and read. They will have the opportunity to walk in the clothes of the ancient Thracians (through replicas of clothing depicted on authentic artifacts).
▪ The mystery of the votive clay tablets - those who engage with this workshop will be able to experience and learn more about the Thracian votive tablets inscribed with sacred texts found in our lands. They will learn how to read these sacred messages and will be able to acquire a personal votive tablet of their own.
You may find updated information about the Festival and its programme at our Facebook page:
The Festival is organized by Academia Orphica.
“Thracian Mystery Drama” is a reenactment of the ancient Thracian feasts and celebrations with authentic choreography and original music by Orphica Art Formation, and is an innovative production without analogue inspired by the numerous scientific discoveries and countless Thracian civilization artifacts uncovered in our lands. Live performances of Thracian Mystery Drama were filmed in 2006 and have been distributed ever since. Over the last 16 years Academia Orphica has performed more than 40 reenactments of ancient Bulgarian customs and rites - both at sacred and mystical places through Bulgaria and in venues that allow interactive formats (such as Central Military Club - Sofia, National Palace of Children Sofia and Universiada Hall Sofia). The film "Thracian Mystery Drama" has audiences across the globe and parts of it are used by NGOs, diplomatic missions and cultural institutes to represent the Bulgarian cultural heritage worldwide.
“The Mystery of the Thracian Heros" - was performed for the first time in the Shushmanets Thracian Tomb, near Kazanlak, as per of the 2019 Thracian Summer Festival (invitation and assistance by the Municipality of Kazanlak). “The Mystery of the Thracian Heros" spectacularly enlives the presence and relics of the Priest-King, manifested in his insignia and armour, through which he immanently continues to carry out his duties as a patron and intercessor for his people.
Add Eventim website to your homescreen for better performance and App-like experience.
Get special offer notifications to your device
Receive notifications about rescheduling, cancellations and other changes to your device